Reflection: This assignment meets the following course objectives:
3. Identify and demonstrate appropriate skills in interpersonal, group, and public communication situations
4. Understand and apply appropriate ethical standards to interpersonal, group, and public communication situations
In chapters 2 and 3, we learned about self-concept and culture, and how strongly those two factors influence each other and our communication. Think back to the Chapter Two discussion board, and our conversation about self-concept. Choose one area of your self-concept that is important or vital to who you are and how you see yourself, then find someone who is different than you in that area. (For example, if you are able to walk, find someone who uses a wheelchair or has difficulty walking. If you are a Christian, look for an atheist or someone who belongs to a different religion. If you are heterosexual, look for someone who is bisexual or gay/lesbian. The choices are limitless here.) You may interview a friend, an acquaintance, a friend-of-a-friend, or a perfect stranger just make that they understand the assignment.
Interview the person you chose about your differences with the goal of learning more about their point of view. Remember that you’re not here to argue with someone or convince them that they’re wrong; your goal is to learn about a different perspective so that you can be empathetic to them. Consider asking your interviewee questions like these:
- What co-cultures do you identify with?
- How have those co-cultures changed your life or worldview?
- What worries you (either globally or locally)?
- What do you want people to know about the co-culture you represent?
- Are there any stereotypes about your co-culture that you would like to address?
If your interviewee is uncomfortable with a question, do not push them to answer; however, try to choose someone who will talk openly about their experiences.
Write up the interview in a few paragraphs and submit it here. Include your own reflections about why you chose this person, what you learned, and how it affects your ability to be empathetic. Alternately, you may choose to post a video or audio recording of the interview, along with some notes about who you interviewed and what you learned but make sure that you have the permission of the person you are interviewing to record the interview. Please do not post anything on social media without the permission of your interviewee.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given