Please answer each question in no more than a few sentences, in your own words.
1. How was this study of the interaction of visual crowding and stereopsis different from previous experiments?
2. How did the investigators ensure that their observations were the result of binocular depth cues? Could motion parallax have contributed to the results?
3. Who were the participants in this study?
4. What was the experimental design? Specify the independent variables and dependent variables.
5. Why was it necessary to terminate the stimulus presentation after only 20 ms?
6. What were the results? Did visual crowding effects change based on stimulus presentation beyond or before the fixation plane?
7. According to the authors, what might be the function (or functions) of visual crowding?