Week 4 Assignment Check-in Questions
Lecture Check-in Questions (remember – the check-in questions are in the recorded lecture only).
1. In ELM- what is the difference between the central route and the peripheral route. In your own words, use 5 to 6 sentences to respond. This response is worth 15 points.
2. What is the connection between media framing and how someone processes information? In your own words, use 2 to 3 sentences to respond. This response is worth 10 points.
Reading/Viewing Check-in Questions
1. The first assignment check-in question is from Baran & Davis, Mass Communication Theory, Chapter 8 Theories of Media Cognition & Information Processing, pp. 227-259. In your own words, use 3 to 4 sentences to discuss the connection between the Elaboration Likelihood Model and Narrative Persuasion Theory (worth 10 points).
2. The second assignment check-in question is from Baran & Davis, Mass Communication Theory, Chapter 9 Theories of the Effect of Media on Society, pp. 260-298. In your own words, use 2 to 3 sentences to explain what is meant by the digital divide in the Knowledge Gap Theory (worth 10 points).
3. The final assignment check-in question is from the viewing, The Mind Explained (2019), first episode titled Memory. In 1 or 2 sentences and using your own words, describe one significant point from the viewing (worth 5 points).
For the lecture powerpoint, I do not know how to attach it because the file is too large. If you know how to attach it, please let me know 🙂