For this week’s readings we will focus on the conclusion of the American Revolution and the debate for ratification of the Constitution. In reference to the discussion board, we will need to address the following questions in our notes:
1) What enabled America to defeat the British and win independence? How dependent were American forces on a treaty with France to create an alliance?
2) Why did the Articles of Confederation fail? How did its failure make the nation vulnerable to both political turmoil and even invasion?
3) What were the core issues to the debate over ratification of the Constitution? Identify the following: Federalists, Anti-Federalists, The Federalist Papers, and the Bill of Rights.
4) How did women play a role in the outcome of the Revolution?
5) In what ways was the perception of the institution of slavery in America changed by the Revolution’s outcome? In what ways was it not changed?
The following will constitute your Discussion Board (Due Monday, March 7th by midnight)
In this discussion forum we will compare both sides of the debate for ratification of the Constitution: Federalist and Anti-Federalist. You will need to analyze the following:
1) The strengths and weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation- first paragraph
2) The perspective of the Anti-Federalists versus the Federalists- second paragraph
3) The comprises made that allowed for ratification third paragraph
Cite the primary sources provided in the course content. Use the visual aid as research but do not refer to it directly as you construct your discussion thread.
Additional Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4E8E7fKlI