The goal of this assignment is to apply your critical thinking skills through the application of scholarship when comparing two works of art or visual culture one from the Western tradition and one from the Nonwestern tradition.
As such, this assignment asks you to focus on two works, write a 5-7 page critical reflection comparison about the works you chose through the lens of one scholarly article we have discussed this term.
- Your reflection should first include your revised and polished formal analysis of each work that clearly and smoothly leads into your application of theory.
- Does applying this reading to both works change your understanding of each in the same way?
- Does it bring to light issues with understanding these works?
- Be sure to reference and cite the textbook and one article in CMS-NB.
Course Learning Objectives Met:
- Apply critical thinking skills through discussions and assignments that challenge assumptions, contextualize information, identify problems, conceptualize responses to topics within the history of the discipline of art history.
- Analyze the thesis, methodology, supporting evidence, and conclusions of various scholarly articles.
- Compose clear and organized written assignments that include a thesis statement, supporting evidence, applied methodologies and conclusion.
- Writing demonstrates clarity, organization, and correct grammar, syntax, spelling, and applied Chicago Manual of Style.
- Your paper should be a minimum of 5-7 pages, not including cover page, image, or bibliography, and should be well written, organized, and include minimal typos and/or grammatical errors.
- Your paper should include a properly formatted image of the work you discuss in CMS-NB.
- Your paper should include properly formatted in-text citations to both required readings and both readings should be properly formatted and listed in the bibliography
- Your paper should be submitted in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, and in Word doc. or docx. format only, so that track changes can be used to give you detailed, in-text feedback.