Go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website and find the Employment Situation report for January 2022 (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.toc.htm). Look at Employment Situation Summary Table A.
1. Make a table showing the following figures for January 2022:
- Labor Force
- Not in the Labor Force
With your table, be sure to include a title, the units for your data, and the data source.
2. Use the data in your table from question two to calculate the unemployment rate and the labor force participation rate for January 2022. Show all your calculations for full credit.
3. From the Employment Situation Summary Table A, describe how the January 2022 figures for each of the following compare with the figures from one year earlier.
- Unemployment rate
- Labor force participation rate
- Discouraged workers
- People unemployed 15 to 26 weeks