Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 600–700 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Library Research Assignment
Select 2 divide-and-conquer sorting algorithms, and compare them to a standard sorting algorithm. Complete the following:
- Compare time complexities.
- Discuss how the divide-and-conquer approach is used to reduce the overall time complexity.
Use the Library and other resources to research divide-and-conquer sorting algorithms and how they compare to standard sorting algorithms.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?