Community Teaching Project
Topic: Education and support for people/kids about obesity/diabetes
(Project Access Community located in 130 Citrus Ranch Rd Anaheim Ca)
Purpose: Utilize the epidemiologic process to identify a community health need or problem, plan, implement, and evaluate a group health teaching project to meet the identified need.
1. Apply principles of epidemiology to identify a community health need or problem.
2. Utilize knowledge of stressors to identify a population at health risk.
3. Evaluate health care resources available to meet and identify health needs or problems
4. Apply the nursing process to a community group.
5. Utilize teaching/learning theory in health education with a group of learners.
6. Apply current research in health education to plan effective strategies and content.
7. Apply the concept of community to a community project.
8. Utilize group process theory to plan the project.
Evaluation of Community Teaching Project
1. Provide a comprehensive statement of the problem using the epidemiological process including the distribution, determinants, and deterrents.
2. Incorporate at least four current literature review findings as a theoretical base for your project.
3. Describe community resources available to meet the need of the community in this problem area.
4. Summarize the resources and their effectiveness for the community.
5. Identify and summarize the learner needs of your selected group. What is the learner needs of your group? Why does this group need your teaching?