Unit VIII Homework (SEE FILE)
This assignment has two parts. Both parts will be completed in the same attached Unit VIII Homework Template .Part 1: Choose one of the three topics below. Write an argument with a clear conclusion (thesis) that you have created about this topic. Your conclusion must be a straightforward one-sentence assertion. Note that your thesis or conclusion can be something narrow within each topic. For example, “I should stop smoking” is a thesis or conclusion that falls under the topic of being healthy. Incorporate the following guidelines as you write:
- Briefly introduce the issue or topic.
- Identify at least two premises for your conclusion.
- Write at least one page for your argument and written response.
- Your written response should include inductive aspects of your argument as well as deductive aspects.
- List at least one fallacy that you may have committed but have avoided.
- Write at least one unstated assumption that is logically part of your argument.
- If your argument turns out to have a sub-argument (see Unit VIII Lesson), make sure you fill out a template for each argument. Follow the writing guidelines on pages 273 through 275 of Chapter 12 of our textbook.