Reflective note – WWII
Critical theme you will build your reflective note is about the movie “Goodbye Lenin!” (available on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQvzOipkkNM)
“What does the movie represent in your opinion?”
Outline your reflective note in the following structure
[The title of your Essay]
· What is your argument in the essay? State the argument and the reasons why you think your argument is essential, clearly.
· Explain the character(s)/actor(s) of interest at the War in your essay
· Provide brief descriptions of them
· Provide a key event/ events in the documentary that represent that / those characters
· Assess the differences between differing terms as far as the character(s)/actor(s) of interest is represented
· Provide an analysis of change in character(s)/actor(s) of interest in different stages of the war.
· Include an explanation of the character(s)/actor(s) of interest
· Restate the opening argument or thesis statement. Remember to mention why you’ve made the argument you’ve presented.
· Offer a summary of the main points mentioned.
· Which lessons can the readers of World War II draw out of your analysis and the Documentary?
References/Bibliography (see Chicago Manual under your resources)
TIPS: The key is to always focus on the headings Introduction, Body and Conclusion and to drill down from there, adding three or four key concepts or ideas to each heading and beginning to use that as the framework for your essay. Pay close attention to detail, spelling, grammar and accuracy of facts.
Max. 1 page, single space, Times new roman 12 points, on Microsoft Word.
Please pay attention to the plagiarism rules in your syllabus.